Solitaire is one of the most popular card games in the world, and it has been around since time immemorial. In this age of technology, you can also play solitaire card games online.
Today let’s take a look at two popular versions of solitaire: pyramid solitaire and golf solitaire.
The initial set-up of the game has a 7-row pyramid of cards. The top of the pyramid has one card. The second row has two cards that overlap the first row, and so on, where each row increases by one card, with the cards overlapping the previous row. The remaining deck is known as the stockpile and is kept face down on the table, without revealing the cards.
The objective of the game is to remove cards in pairs that add up to 13 points. The goal of the game is to remove all the cards from the pyramid. Each card has an assigned value, as follows:
- Aces: 1 point each
- Numbered cards: face value
- Jacks: 11 points each
- Queens: 12 points each
- Kings: 13 points each.
Rules of Pyramid Solitaire
- Only open cards with no cards overlapping them can be removed from the layout.
- Only the top card of the stockpile can be revealed and used.
- The top card of the stockpile gets moved to the waste pile if no matches are found.
- The cards in the waste pile cannot be used again.
- The game ends if it is solved, or if no more moves are possible, or if the time is over.
- You win the game if you successfully transfer all cards to the waste pile.
The initial set-up of golf solitaire has a tableau of 7 columns, with 5 face-up cards in each column. Each new row of cards overlaps the cards in the previous row. The top card from the remaining deck, the stockpile, is kept face up next to it to start the game. This card is now the first top card in the waste pile.
The objective of the game is to transfer every card that is immediately above or immediately below the waste pile top card in value. You have to keep doing that until the tableau is empty. If you get stuck, you can pick the top card from the stockpile, and make it the top card of the waste pile.
Rules of Golf Solitaire
- A card can only be moved to the waste pile if no other cards are on top of it.
- Only the top card of the stockpile can be revealed if you feel like you are stuck.
- If you successfully transfer all the cards from the tableau to the waste pile, you win the game.
- The game ends if you solve it or if no more moves are possible, or if the time runs out.
If you are familiar with the rules of solitaire or love card games, why not play solitaire for real money and win cash prizes? You can download our Solitaire Gold app and play solitaire online with real people in head-to-head games and leagues. Our platform also lets you play unlimited free games to sharpen your skills. You can also win real cash by defeating card game lovers from across the country. So what are you waiting for? Play solitaire online today! Happy gaming!